I'm So Glad

This blog is dedicated to discerning why I am so glad. This may be of interest to others besides myself . . . or not. It did occur to me that at some future time I will become sad. Should this happen I resolve to close down this site immediately.

12.14.2004

Santa Claus is coming to town

One reason that I am full of joy is that Santa is coming. I am currently the happy father of many children. They are so excited that Christmas is nearly upon us. Of course, they know that we are celebrating Jesus' birthday. Of course, they want toys and stuff. I sometimes critique our culture (and myself) for this double vision. Still everyone is excited and we're all hoping its for the right reasons. I love to buy gifts for my chldren and others. We also (as do so many families) pay particular attention to almsgiving this time of year. Advent is the beginning of the Church year and it is a good time to reflect on Christ's beginning, his childhood. And to begin anew ourselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home