I'm So Glad

This blog is dedicated to discerning why I am so glad. This may be of interest to others besides myself . . . or not. It did occur to me that at some future time I will become sad. Should this happen I resolve to close down this site immediately.

1.19.2005

Two are better than one

Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their work:
If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!
Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

This was read at our wedding. She is a big part of my joy. Friend. Constant companion. She challenges me. My first memory of her is watching her happy gait, (almost skip) as she walked away. This was at work. She loves to talk. I like to get to the point. I should listen more. Seven kids later, she keeps us all going. Every day in many ways I am grateful for her. She takes seriously that third strand. When we met, I told her I was a "good picker" and "lucky."
What I am is Blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home