I'm So Glad

This blog is dedicated to discerning why I am so glad. This may be of interest to others besides myself . . . or not. It did occur to me that at some future time I will become sad. Should this happen I resolve to close down this site immediately.

4.03.2005

I race sled dogs.

At your workplace do you have motivational posters instead of actual art? Now that alone should be enough to make you snarl. Then every once in awhile you actually look at the posters and see how ridiculous they are.

There is one that I see regularly. The company that prints it is called Baudville. "Putting applause on paper," is their motto. The slogan on this particular poster is: "Extraordinary! We are surrounded by extraordinary people!" Now this would probably be okay. Then the body of the poster has 36 cartoon people, each with a different interest or extraordinary activity. I race sled dogs. etc. Again what's the problem. There are two quotes that bug me: I'm an amateur astrologer and I write horoscopes.

Two people out of 36 who do astrology and not one of these extraordinary people pray? There is no allowance for religious expression in this diversity world. I want to be tolerant of our differences. Why doesn't diversity include me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home