I'm So Glad

This blog is dedicated to discerning why I am so glad. This may be of interest to others besides myself . . . or not. It did occur to me that at some future time I will become sad. Should this happen I resolve to close down this site immediately.

12.14.2004

ZuZu's petals

Merry Christmas Emporium, Merry Christmas you old Building and Loan!

Yes, Capra pulled rather sentimentally at our heart strings. There is no way I can watch this movie without tearing up, even after dozens of viewings. But doggone it, it is a good movie. The contrast between the kid lousily playing the piano before and after George Bailey's conversion is amazing. Before you feel like kicking the kid, after you understand he is just learning.

It reminds me of when frequently my little kids want to help me with a project around the house. They are NOT going to actually help me. But they WANT to. That is worth alot. And by letting them help, I am doing a lot for them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Skip James said...

I'm sure if the original had been made in the eighties, we would have seen the sequel in which he DOES go to Europe. And then Wonderful Life 3, this time its personal in which he and Mrs. Bailey take a space ship and literally lasso the moon. Of course in WL 4 the Bailey's split up (after George has a lusty date with Christie Brinkley)only to reunite on a blind date in the Caribbean.
No, I'll take the original, in which every earthly desire is NOT granted and somehow happiness is found.

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home