I'm So Glad

This blog is dedicated to discerning why I am so glad. This may be of interest to others besides myself . . . or not. It did occur to me that at some future time I will become sad. Should this happen I resolve to close down this site immediately.

2.17.2005

February 17 PM

So today despite little rest I awoke early and went to the
Cathedral, with Dave (who I just today found out is Michelle's
brother) and Roger.  The wood work was cool and they had
Eucharistic Adoration.  Then we went back had a very nice
breakfast served by the very nice staff (and owners) of our
very cheesy hotel.  Then the brothers picked us up to go to
the clinic.  They were very punctual.  As opposed to Esteli,
they are much more businesslike.  They started the clinic at
8.  The pharmacy was a little behind because they had to
unpack still but we got in the rhytmn.  I have prayed with
every family so far and they really appreciate it and I
really love it.  The girls have names like Exceliente Maria
and Aruscelly de Succor and many other titles of Mary.
Of course the boys all bear Saints names.  I have had to
give people money to buy medicine (if our traveling pharmacy
did not have it) or get an xray (only 3 bucks and worth
about the same) and many of the kids seem to never have seen
a doctor before.  They are showered with presents.  Jessica
brought so many toys.  Each child gets candy, Bible (both
at our office) tooth brush and paste, toys coloring books
and their meds.  Today I handed out the remainder of my bars
and the kids really went for those.  (chocolate is not 
common here, it melts).  Then at night some of us went to 
Mass.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home