I'm So Glad

This blog is dedicated to discerning why I am so glad. This may be of interest to others besides myself . . . or not. It did occur to me that at some future time I will become sad. Should this happen I resolve to close down this site immediately.

2.17.2005

Nicaragua February 17 AM


The hotel in Jinotega is kinda bad. There is a very narrow
staircase to our rooms that has nothing on either side but a 
rickety handrail.  The room is for three but is not really big 
enough for three songle beds.  The shower and commode and sink 
are in enough space that you could not go to the bathroom while
someone is showering or you would get just as wet.  The shower 
was very very cold.  This room did not have bugs ( I checked) 
but is by far the worst accomodations I have stayed in short 
of actual camping.  All night long the roosters crowed and the 
dogs barked.  In Esteli they had a city wide alarm clock at 6am.  
Literally a big siren would go off for thirty seconds.  In Jinotega
the roosters just crow louder and louder until at last at daylight 
they stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home