I'm So Glad

This blog is dedicated to discerning why I am so glad. This may be of interest to others besides myself . . . or not. It did occur to me that at some future time I will become sad. Should this happen I resolve to close down this site immediately.

2.15.2005

Nicaragua February 15 night

Imagine this.  After seeing one hundred and twenty patients today, the staff
and patients of TimĀ“s Clinic led the image of Our Lady of Guadalupe (in a big 
wooden procession stand) on the shoulders of the clinic doctors and Charlie
through the streets of Esteli to the parish Church.  This is followed by Holy Mass
and then a night time procession back to the clinic.  Along the way people join in
to the procession and others look out from their windows and doors, many with 
tears in their eyes.  The tears especially in the eyes of the older ones who may
remember one day when they were very young watching such processions.   
All along the way people are singing Nicaraguan folk songs to Mary the Virgin
of Guadalupe.  Fifty people or more join the procession as it crawls through the
 streets.  We end with clapping and singing at the clinic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home