I'm So Glad

This blog is dedicated to discerning why I am so glad. This may be of interest to others besides myself . . . or not. It did occur to me that at some future time I will become sad. Should this happen I resolve to close down this site immediately.

2.18.2005

Nicaragua February 18

So Thursday night we went to the Cathedral for Mass.
The people here are very spiritual.  At Mass the priest
thanked our group and the Vincentian brothers for the work
at the clinic. After Mass they had benediction and procession
of the Sacrament.  Then we were taken to meet the Bishop.
The Bishop just celebrated his fiftieth year in the
priesthood on Feb 6th.  He is very nice and thanked us
and spoke with us for 45 minutes. Then we went to another
late dinner.  Toña is the beer of choice here and is very
good.  Today we woke up and took our cold showers and I tried
in vain to maintain my fast.  No breakfast.  Then off to the
clinic.  The plan: work till lunch, quick lunch and then
back to work till three then on the road to Managua.
The clinic was swamped.  We left only a little late and
then had our car trouble.  Still and all we got to Managua
in time to have yet another late dinner (forgot my fast
and ordered steak).  Now we are going to bed for an early
rise tomorrow and the airport which is literally across the
street.  I will see you soon and will call your cell when I
get to Houston.  Please have it on, I want to hear your voice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home